Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Be brave.

I’ve learned it’s tough to get to a point in life where you don’t care what people think. We all do it; you’re hard-pressed to find someone who doesn’t worry about others’ opinions of them. And those middle school years? They’re the worst. But I’ve found that I’m ten times happier when I stop concerning myself with what others think and just “letting the freak flag fly,” as they say.

So today, I’m being brave. I’m doing something that I didn’t think I’d ever do. And to be honest, maybe it’s something I really shouldn’t be doing. But oh well. Today I am singing and posting it online. I know, sounds menial and like something only a true member of my social-media-driven generation. I know it’s a small thing to be brave about, and maybe it’s a trivial thing to be brave about. But I’ve always hated how I sing, and I have never been too keen on singing in front of people because it’s embarrassing to me.

Today, I go against both of those things. Today, I am brave.



And no, I don’t care if you think I’m a bad singer. I do, but here I am anyway. And I love this song. So there.

So what are you going to be brave about today? What are you going to do that goes against your norms? What puts you outside of your comfort level? Because I’ve strayed a ways out of mine…

3 comments:

  1. OMG!! Megan, you sound awesome!! So proud of you for being brave and putting yourself out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm probably going to mention this post on my blog, heads up. You're about to get internet famous. Not really...no one reads my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha don't lie to me! Everyone reads your blog!!

      Delete