Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Small Time Celebrity

Recognize this guy?  (photo credit to exposay.com)
gabe-kubanda-63rd-primetime-emmy-awards-100-1n0mLi
Yeah, it’s ok. Neither did I. But that’s probably because I didn’t watch VH1’s Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp. Then maybe I would be more educated on who this gentleman is.

My coworker is the new lead singer for a local band called From Slaves to Kings, and I went to their show last night. They were special guests at the Epic Proportions tour featuring Lost in Atlantis. By the way, From Slaves to Kings killed it last night, and I highly recommend checking out their music at http://www.reverbnation.com/fromslavestokings. They’re gonna be big.

There were two artists on the tour who played before them, and that guy up there, Gabe Kubanda, was one of them. He is a solo artist who plays guitar and sings. And he decided to hit on me after his set.
Now, I don’t know if anyone’s ever been hit on by anyone of celebrity status, even small-time reality TV celebrity status, but it’s kind of interesting. He’s not the first celebrity (or otherwise) that I’ve met, and it gives a cool story, at least. He was pretty respectful about it, as well, and not as creepy or cocky as some other guys tend to be. He asked if I’d go on their next tour with them in September and be their promo model, and then he could possibly convince me to be his girlfriend. His words, not mine.

I did have a pretty cool conversation with him, though, so that was still an upside. Needless to say, I will not be going on tour with him in September. Sorry dude. And who knows? Maybe one day he’ll see this because it has his name and picture can probably be searchable to Google in this post now. Doubtful, but possible.

Have you ever had a cool conversation with a celebrity, big name or otherwise? Have you ever been hit on by anyone of famous status? Got any cool celebrity stories at all? Let’s hear them.

2 comments:

  1. Kyle was propositioned by the lead singer of Tsunami Bomb but he didn't go to the afterparty with her because he had to go back to high school the next day. He's so crazy like that. Here's one of their videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCQedL2w81I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes Kyle the only person I've ever heard of that would choose school over going to an after party with a band member.

      Delete