Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bro Moments: UFC

I never win anything. I know everyone always says that, but it’s true. However, my last Friday morning was made complete by winning these bad boys:

424216_397486503646294_25876941_n

That’s right. I got to go to my first professional MMA fight. For free.

I’m a huge bro about it, too. I’m a bro about a lot of things. But one thing is for sure: I LOVE my MMA fights. Let me tell ya, if they held more fights in Colorado, you could count on seeing me at every one. They are an awesome experience.

UFC 150 was a rematch between Benson Henderson and Frankie Edgar for the Light Heavyweight Championship. The co-main event was an awesome match up as well because Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone is a great fighter from our very own Colorado Springs. There were 10 fights total, and even if they’re not big names in UFC, they’re still so cool to see.

For winning tickets and not having to pay a dime, the seats were amazing. We were three rows up from the railing, and we were sitting next to the hallway where the fighters came out to enter the octagon. It was the next best thing to having floor seats. Here’s a few of my favorite shots from the evening:

IMG_1624

IMG_1631

IMG_1668

IMG_1633

IMG_1638

That’s me and my friend Clay. I was supposed to be punching him in the face, but I apparently missed the concept of fighting and appear to be punching myself…TKO? Yup.

Amazing night overall, including a fight that lasted just 17 seconds. UFC never ceases to amaze me, and seeing it live was ten times better. I took over 60 pictures, and bought a sweet shirt, because I’m a tourist at these kind of things.

2012-08-12 15.52.18

Do you like MMA fighting? Do you have a favorite fighter? Do you like sporting events? If so, what’s your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment